Updated: Sep 17
We all have people in our lives whom we really really love. These people include our partner, kids, parents, siblings, friends or whatever you would like to name the relationship. We love these people and do things for them which we won't do for just any other random person otherwise. We tell them that they are perfect on days they struggle to appreciate themselves and make it up to them if we somehow end up upsetting them in some way. We are doing the right thing, of course; appreciating and supporting people when they need that but while we are giving out this love to everyone else, there is one person we forget every time. Yes, I'm talking about you. I'm talking about self-love.
1. Love yourself enough to do things for yourself which you would do for every other person you love in your life. You owe that to your body, mind, heart, and spirit.
2. You have become oblivious to your own beauty! Haven't you?
3. Your soul also needs and deserves to have your love. It's not just your partner, your kid, your parents or your siblings. Count yourself in. ALWAYS!
4. You always run away from people who criticize you always for no particular reason but what if that person is you?
5. Be patient with the person you are right now and the healing you are going through. It cannot be all done in a day.
Self-love is not a destination but a journey that leads us to accept our flawed and imperfect selves. It's the journey of accepting ourselves just the way we are.
My book is now available on Amazon: "The stardust in my soulbones"
Subscribe to my YouTube channel:
Follow me on Instagram: @rebekkakaur
Like my page on Facebook: @rebekkaiswriting
Follow me on Twitter: @rebekkakaur